Saturday 12 July 2014

Prom

On Friday it was my school prom, which was a lovely way to end 5 years with some wonderful people. 

There is no official dress code, and the girls came in a combination of long and short dresses (and one boy came in skinny jeans and trainers) 




I knew I wanted quite a simple dress, and finally found one from Topshop. It's by Jones and Jones, one of the brands at Topshop. Aside from being beautiful, it's also designed and made in the UK, which is great. I paired it with red heels from New Look (these were great as they weren't too high, so I could actually walk in them without falling over, which is always a bonus) My gold clutch was also from New Look. As my clutch was quite sparkly and eye catching, I went for simple red nails-I used the No7 Speed Dry Polish in shade 50 Siren. I didn't want to spend a huge amount on prom, as after all, it is just one night (though admittedly a long one, as I didn't get back till 2am) and found that shops like Topshop, New Look, Boohoo and Accessorize had some lovely dresses, shoes and accessories, so definitely check them out.
My hair took over an hour and a half, due to the amount of hair I have, but it was definitely worth it-I loved it and got lots of compliments.









Prom was an amazing night, and it was so nice seeing everyone dressed up and it was lovely to have an excuse to wear a pretty dress and get my hair done. I didn't want to take off my dress or undo my hair at the night!






Helen x

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC