Wednesday 11 March 2015

Weekend away: London

I spent all of Friday wishing my lessons at sixth form would go quicker, because after my last lesson my mum and I caught the train down to London. I've been a handful of times, and recently went with my politics class in January but was very excited to be going back. We met my sister off her train from Bristol and made our way to out hotel. We stayed in the Travel Lodge at Covent Garden which was great as there was a tube station 5 minutes away and was very central.

We did a lot of walking around, going for breakfast and then exploring Covent Gardens on Saturday morning, which was really nice because we got there for before the rest of London had woken up so it was very quiet. Then we walked to Trafalgar square and marvelled at the street performers (how do they manage to levitate with nothing to support them?!) before going to St James Park for lunch as it was warm enough to eat outside. It felt like summer. After a spot of sun bathing we headed down The Mall to Buckingham Palace. By this point we were a bit weary so went to the Tate for tea and scones and a much needed sit down. The evening involved just as much walking (my feet were aching by this point) as we went to Leicester Square to pick up cinema tickets and then to find some tea-we went to GBK which was lovely as always. We then went to the cinema before catching a very busy tube back to the hotel and collapsing exhausted.













Sunday was more relaxed-we went to the British Museum and got lunch before going to Hyde park and then getting our trains home. I love London because its so different to where I live, which is a small rural town. There's so many people and so much going on, yet some areas are still quiet and don't feel like a capital city. The architecture is also beautiful, with so many lovely old buildings. I find it very tiring though and am always pleased to go home. Hopefully we'll be going back soon!








Helen x

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC