Tuesday 18 November 2014

Books Of The Month

My mum recommended this months book to me-The Little stranger by Sarah Waters. It's not something I would normally read because I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to reading and anything scarier than Paddington is likely to give me nightmares (Okay, I'm not that bad, but it's pretty close.) I really enjoyed it however and literally couldn't put it down. Its set post war and is focused on a large country hall in which there's some spooky goings on...
What I found really interesting however is the observations about social class that are scattered throughout this novel and the idea of changing classes, or belonging to more than one. The momentum builds up until the very clever ending which took me completely by surprise

Sarah Waters written quite a few books, which I'm now going to have to borrow (steal) from mum.


Helen x

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC