Friday 30 January 2015

Back to the '50's: Record Players and the vinyl to play on them

You know those presents people receive, which are partly your present too? Well, that’s what happened with the record player my dad got last Christmas. He'd unearthed his record player from his youth along with stacks of vinyl and for a while was able to relive his teenage years very loudly. Then it broke and for a while the house was peaceful, until the new one appeared under the tree.

Also under the tree was some vinyl of my own (my dad and I don't have exactly the same music taste, though I do love many of his records). I was very happy to be able to play Mumford and Sons in LP form at last. My friend also got a record player recently, so I thought I'd do an appreciation post of sorts. Below are links to devices on the lower end of the price spectrum (so you still have money left over to splurge on all your new music) and some of the many artists who release in vinyl.


5 of the best Record Players under £70





No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC