Wednesday 8 January 2014

2013 Favourites


As it's now 2014, I though I'd make this post about my favourite health and beauty products of 2013. 
I'll start with something a bit different. 


 This is referred to as the Forehead Glue in my family, as it's basically a Pritt stick. When you have a mild headache, you apply the stick to your forehead. It makes your eyes water quite a lot, but it works really well. You can buy it from Boots for about £3.50.


My next favourite is VERY popular, but I love it, so I'll give it a quick mention . I used to use a Garnier concealer, which was alright, but after hearing so many people talk about the Collection concealer I thought I'd give it a go, as it's only around £4. I bought the shade Medium, but that was a bit orange, so I now use the shade Light, which is much better. It also comes in Ivory and Dark. It has a really high coverage and covers imperfections very well. I tend to blend a little onto any imperfections, then apply my bb cream and if I need to, apply a little more on any remaining redness. The only downside is that I don't think it works hugely well on under eye circles and can look a little cakey if not blended. 



This next product also seems to be quite popular with Instagrammers, and I can see why. It is an edible lip scrub, and just gets rid of any dry bits which is really good in winter, as your lips tend to get a bit sore. I try to use every day, but sometimes I forget, and I can really tell when I do! I have the Christmassy one so I'm not sure whether you can still get it, but there's lots of other nice flavours. I got this from Lush for £4.50.



Next is a skincare product. I've been using this for ages now, and I love it. It is described as a 'brightening  cleanser' and whilst I wouldn't say my face is visibly brighter after using it, it does make my face feel really clean, and removes any traces of makeup. It also smells really good! It comes with a muslin cloth and you apply it to your face, then get the cloth wet in hot water, wash it off using the cloth, and then splash your face with cold water. I can't remember how much it is, but you can get it from Superdrug. 




Last, but definitely not least is a lip product. This is a Make Up Academy lipstick, and I have it in the shade 11, which is a lovely subtle pink colour. These Lipsticks are only a £1 from Superdrug and I'm going to buy more as I love the one I have. They're really moisturizing and stay on for a while. They also have a little bit at the bottom which screws off and has more lipstick inside. I'm not really sure what the point of this is, but it would be useful  if you had a lot of lipsticks to quickly select the one you wanted as the colour is really visible. 




I'd love to know what other peoples 2013 favourites are!

Helen  x


1 comment:

  1. What a great color of lipstick! Love it.

    www.ruzinscloset.com

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC