Sunday 19 January 2014

Best Winter Nail Polish Shades

I love to paint my nails and I got a lot of nail polish for Christmas so I've been painting them even more recently as I want to try out all my new shades! I thought I'd do a post on my favourite winter nail polishes, as although I don't exclusively wear them in Winter, they are very good wintery colours. 





First is this lovely O.P.I deep red colour. I got a set of 10 mini O.P.I polishes for Christmas and they're a great size as I tend to find that polish goes gloopy before you run out of it, so I end up throwing out bottles before they're empty which is a waste of money. This red is so lovely and is a great colour as you can see. I'd never tried O.P.I before but I was quite pleased with the results. I really like the brush-it's nice and wide, although I did find it a little tricky to get an even covering.




Next are some paler shades. The one on the left is a Rimmel 60 seconds dry in the shade 510 Euphoria and on the right is another O.P.I miniature though I'm not sure of the name as it doesn't give it on the bottle. I love Rimmel polishes as the brush is really wide and so they're very easy to apply-I need to get some more! This is  lovely pinky shimmery colour and can be quite subtle depending on how many layers you apply. The polish on the right is a pale pink and is really subtle so would be suitable for school. 






On the left is a Barry M polish. It's a limited edition glitter and is shade 343. I apply two layers of this to get a nice solid layer of glitter, but this would also look great on top of another colour. I love a good bit of glitter to make dull rainy days brighter! On the right is a Make Up Academy colour in the shade Koala Bear. I like this but you have to apply two shades, but it looks really good with big baggy jumpers!




Next are some more reds. On the left is a W7 polish which my friend got me. I'd never have even looked at W7 polish,  but I quite like this one. I normally put this on one finger and then paint the rest a brighter red. It is red with red glitter dispersed in it and gives a nice coverage. On the right is an O.P.I slightly shimmery dark red which is a good winter shade and very Christmassy.

Hope you all liked this post and please let me know what your favourite winter shades are!

Helen x



No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC