Tuesday 3 February 2015

Book of the Month




I'm a regular reader of the Guardian and usually the first thing I do is turn to the beauty section to read Sali Hughes' weekly column which I love, and so I was very happy when I finally got my hands on her book- Pretty Honest. It's £22 (though cheaper on Amazon-you can get it here)




It's a good thick book packed with sensible, straight forward tips and advice on everything from salon etiquette to acne. All the sections are written in Sali's characteristic no-nonsense style, which I love, and all are genuinely useful. I particularly enjoyed the sections on daily skincare routine, foundation and Teen beauty-all very relevant and well thought out. There's some lovely photos in it, but its mainly just good solid advice. I read it cover to cover, irritating my family by continuously saying 'Sali says…' and then quoting some new fact I'd learnt. I'm now dipping in and out, picking it up before heading to Boots so I know what ingredients to avoid in skincare for oily skin, or what blush she recommends. It truly is a Beauty Bible. I love it-can you tell?




Helen x


No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC