Saturday 16 August 2014

Tea Tree:The wonder ingredient

After an extensive clear out of my bathroom cabinet a few days ago, it's now really easy to see all my skincare and I realised how much of it is tea-tree based. Tea tree is an essential oil, used to treat various medical conditions, including Acne, Dandruff and Lice. Whilst I don't have any of those (thank goodness) I do have oily/spot prone skin that tends to breakout if I don't follow my usual skin care regime. I like Tea Tree based products because I find that they do combat breakouts, but aren't full of chemicals like some products that prevent spots. In fact, a 5% concentration of Tea Tree is thought to be as effective as the same concentration of Benzoyl Peroxide, a chemical commonly used to treat severe acne. See, I told you it was good!

The Body Shop do a really good range of Tea Tree products designed to help prevent and reduce spots. Here's the Tea Tree skincare I use and love:







Pure Tea Tree oil: Tea Tree in it's purest form. I use this to apply directly to any spots before I go to bed and when I wake up the redness is reduced. 




The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion: Good everyday moisturiser (I use this when going away as it's such a cute size)





The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser: A good primer with a gel like consistency that makes pores look smaller and visibly mattifies the skin, so is perfect for those with oily skin.





T-Zone Skin Clearing Face Moisturiser: I use this every day and it has fast become my favourite moisturiser. It smells great (another benefit of Tea Tree) and also contains Eucalyptus to help prevent spots. 




The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask: I use this once a week (when I remember-I'm quite lazy when it come to face masks) and it leaves my skin slightly tingling which makes me feel like it's doing something and makes it feel really smooth. It does make my face a bit red when I take it off but this calms down and it does help angry looking spots look less red and calmer. 





The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser: This is a best seller on The Body Shop website, so I bought it one evening when I was desperate for something that would improve my skin. I haven't been using it for long but it is quite refreshing. 





 Does anyone have any Tea Tree products they'd recommend?


Helen x




No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC