Friday 7 February 2014

Illamasqua review

I purchased some Illamasqua makeup recently so I thought I'd do a short review on it.I'd never heard of Illamasqua until a couple of months ago so when I saw they had a sale on I thought it was a great way to try out some of their products. Whilst Illamasqua is a lot pricier than the makeup brands I usually buy from, I think you can definitely tell in the quality-the box they came in was really well presented!






I bought the cream foundation, in the shade 210.  I've never tried a cream foundation before and was worried it would be too heavy as I tend to just use a bb cream on a daily basis. I'd say this is a medium coverage foundation, but it definitely didn't feel heavy on my skin-in fact it felt just like my bb cream! 210 looks a little orange in swatch but it's actually the perfect match for me as my skin is quite yellow toned. The Illamasqua website is really helpful as they say what skin tone each foundation colour would suit which is good if you're ordering online to get a good match. I use my Rimmel Stay Matte powder over this foundation and don't have to re-apply it throughout the day which considering I have quite oily skin is really good!This was £5 in the sale and is normally £23.







I also bought a pure pigment in furore. I'm not sure if this is still available as I can't see it on the website. You only need a tiny amount as it's really pigmented. This is a lovely highlighter and I use it on my cheekbones when I feel I need a bit more colour. (i.e most days due to the rubbish English weather!) I can't remember how much this was in the sale but I think it was less than £5. I'm not sure that I would re-purchase this again as I think you could probably get a highlighter that does the same for a lot less. Does anyone have any good ones they'd recommend?






Overall, I would definitely recommend Illamasqua foundation, though I'm not completely sold on the highlighter.

On a separate note, I'm going to try to post on a more regular basis as I've been pretty disorganised recently!

Helen x






No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC