Monday 17 February 2014

Book of the month

The book I've been enjoying this month is 'A half forgotten song' by Katherine Webb. I have it on my iPad and it's available from the Kindle store for £3.66. You can get it in book form from Amazon for £3.85.

The book is about a man called Zach, an artist who's marriage has ended and who goes to Dorset to find out about Charles Aubrey, an elusive artist. Little is known about  Aubrey, but Zach meets Dimity, whom Aubrey drew and through the stories she tells him, finds out more about Charles. Whilst in Dorset, Zach becomes friends with Hannah, but he becomes worried about what she is becoming involved in. Zach also senses that Dimity is haunted by something, and is curious to understand what.

I absolutely love this book. It gripped me and the ending was completely unexpected. The description was amazing and you could really imagine sitting in Dimity's cottage or exploring the beach with Zach. Unlike in some books, all the characters are very believable and likeable (though Dimity is hard to understand, and like at times) which I think makes it a really enjoyable, and quite easy read.

I would definitely recommend this, and it's a really good price. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC